Pastor's Fellowship for IBC's

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

People are never the problem!

Just A Thought


Yet all this availeth me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate. (Esther 5:13)


Haman had every reason to be happy. He was the second in command in the great Persian Empire. He had position, power and pleasure. Almost everyone in the kingdom showed him respect, paid him homage and bowed in his presence. But that was not enough for Haman. He could not be happy and enjoy all the blessings in his life as long as Mordecai was I his presence or on his mind. His family could not comfort him and his friends could not bring him joy. His life was consumed by one individual. What a shame!

Hopefully none of us are in a similar situation today. Is there anyone that you are thinking of right now that is stealing joy from your life? Are you so focused on a certain individual that God’s blessings in your life are being obscured? Do you fail to give your best to your family, your ministry and your friends because of that difficult person in your life?

When I started preaching18 years ago, I promised myself that I would never get bitter in the ministry. I have to admit that this has been a harder task than I originally thought, but I realize that we will not be a help to people when we are angry. Robert Watts, Jr. wrote a book entitled, People Are Never The Problem, where he quotes Charlie “Tremendous” Jones, “No one is a failure until he blames somebody else.” May God help each one of us to look beyond the difficult people in our lives to the wonderful blessings that God has bestowed upon each one of us! Mordecai's failure to do this led to his destruction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nephos said...

Good thoughts, T! Welcome to the "blogosphere". I look forward to reading your posts.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home