Pastor's Fellowship for IBC's

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pray For Fruit


JUST A THOUGHT
By Tim Wilcox
And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.
(1 Samuel 1:7)


A plaque was given to me a while back that states, “God called me to be faithful, not successful!” I strongly agree with the statement. God expects His stewards to demonstrate faithfulness and promises rewards for those who demonstrate this quality. One of the qualities that I look for in other pastors that I respect is their consistency over the years, but I also realize that fruitfulness is a necessary part of our ministries. God is glorified when we bear fruit and John 15 reminds us that we are being pruned to produce more fruit.
Recently I shared with a few pastors about my burden for planting churches. Just as Hannah was desirous to see her body bear the fruit of a man, our desire must be the same, “Lord give us some men to start churches!” Hannah saw her fruitlessness as an affliction; something that gave her great sorrow. May the Independent Baptist pastors be so broken before our God that we not only fervently pray, but that we are troubled enough to go without food for a day.
Let’s Pray For Fruit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home